Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Photos of Boston Bombing Suspects Released


Photos of two potential suspects in the Boston bombing have been released, and I hope this means the police will be making some arrests soon.

Along with the rest of America, I watched news of the bombing on Monday and most of Tuesday as well.

I confess that the horror of this bombing hasn’t really sunk in for me. I’ve been distracted with tax issues, and home issues, and faith issues, and family issues, and also—I’m tired.

I’m tired of these stories. They are never ending. I can barely pause and pay my respects for the three murdered and one-hundred and seventy injured, I’m so weary.

Who are these people?

Who are these people that kill innocent eight-year-olds? Who are these people with their hate and their stupid ideology and their blood thirst for destruction?

And how can we possibly defend ourselves from people such as this?

I thank God for the scores of law enforcement officials and detectives and investigators who are reviewing evidence and interviewing witnesses. I thank God for the physicians and nurses and other healthcare personnel who are treating the wounded. I thank God for the clergy and the counselors who are comforting those who mourn. Unlike me, they can’t afford to be tired.

I pray for the families of Martin Richard, Krystle Campbell, and Lingzi Lu.

And I pray that justice will prevail soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment